Global Banking Directory 2.0
Press Release Distribution Service
Add Bank | Banking Forum Online
BankDEP Crypto Bank
BanksDaily on Twitter BanksDaily on LinkedIn BanksDaily on Instagram

Press Release :: KBC Bank

Logo KBC BankKBC Bank NV completed the purchase of a 49.54% stake in ČSOB Slovakia from ČSOB Group Czech Republic (ČSOB Bank, ČSOB Leasing and ČSOB Factoring) for a total consideration of EUR 484 mln.

This transaction takes KBC Bank NV's ownership in ČSOB Slovakia to 100% following a process which started in 2009 with the merger of ČSOB Slovakia and Istrobanka. Since January 2008, ČSOB Slovakia has been fully consolidated directly in the financials of KBC Bank NV. In accordance with the Czech commercial code, an external valuator made an independent valuation of the stake.

This transaction does not have any impact on the financial position of KBC Group on a consolidated basis.

Brief history

ČSOB Slovakia was established as a branch of Prague-based ČSOB Bank. In January 2008 ČSOB Bank was split into two separate legal entities - ČSOB Czech Republic and ČSOB Slovakia.

On 1 July 2009, ČSOB Slovakia and Istrobanka, which had been acquired by KBC Bank NV in July 2008, were merged into a single legal entity ČSOB Slovakia. Following the merger, KBC Bank NV's ownership in ČSOB Slovakia was 50.46% with ČSOB Group Czech Republic holding the remaining 49.54% (including the minority shareholdings of ČSOB Leasing and ČSOB Factoring of 1.66% and 1.20% respectively).

ČSOB Slovakia has not been consolidated in ČSOB Czech Republic reports since January 1st, 2008 because 100% of the voting rights in ČSOB Slovakia have been held by KBC Bank NV since that date.

The purchase of the 49.54% stake in ČSOB Slovakia by KBC Bank NV simplifies the shareholders' structure of ČSOB Slovakia following which KBC Bank NV owns 100% of its outstanding share capital.

Source: KBC Bank
Date: 15.12.2009
Get your content published on BanksDAILY.com in just a few clicks.
Financial and Banking News
 Post-Pandemic Economic Recovery: Key Factors Driving Growth and Stability

The COVID-19 pandemic caused a global economic halt, resulting in disruption, job losses, and uncertainty. However, as vaccination efforts progress and countries adjust to the new normal, there is hope for an economic recovery.

 Wiki Finance Expo Sydney 2023 Is Coming Soon!

Regulation, Forex, Crypto, Web 3.0, Metaverse, AI, ESG Will Be in Focus. Taking place on November 16th, Wiki Finance Expo, Sydney 2023 is Aussie largest and most anticipated fintech event of the year. 30.10.2023 | Source: WikiExpo

 Blockchain Economy Dubai Summit 2023: Just Two Weeks Away and Buzzing with Anticipation

Dubai, UAE - The Blockchain Economy Dubai Summit is generating palpable excitement within the blockchain and crypto communities, with only two weeks remaining until the event. Scheduled for October 4-5, 2023, at the Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Center, this prestigious event gathers over 3,000 blockchain entrepreneurs, crypto enthusiasts, and industry leaders from 85 countries. 20.09.2023 | Source: Teklip

 📰 News Archive

2007-2024 © BanksDAILY.com | All Banks in One Place | Privacy Policy